.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, April 21, 2005

brain vs heart

have you ever wanted to do something, but you weren't sure if you should, so you spend days and hours debating internally?

it's almost as if you already know what you're gonna do, but you're trying to talk yourself out of it. i've had bouts of this where it came down to me actually talking out loud to myself. i'm trying to logically persuade myself out of it. it essentially boils down to a battle of brain vs heart. funny how two parts of you can tug you in two distinctly different directions, isn't it?

i usually ignore my heart's thumping and do the logical thing. some say it's not being able to let loose, but hey, i'm me. today i actually did let the heart win a battle though. nothing big, but something i really wanted to do.

and no, i won't tell you what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home