.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 04, 2005

tattoo story #3

i was still not over her. we still talked on the phone, and she made it clear that it was over. but of course my simple mind c(w)ouldn't understand it.

in my puny little mind, i still believed that she would one day wake up and realize that i'm the best thing since sliced bread. thus, when greyfluff came to visit, i dragged him on a 5 hour roadtrip to see her.

i showed her the tattoo of her initials on my arm, and whatever her response was, i interpreted it as the first crack in her shield.

hmmm...she's moved. maybe another tattoo would seal the deal.

so off we went, along with greyfluff, in search of a tattoo parlor in ithica, new york.

and we found one.

i decided on a dragon(how fucking stereotypical is that?). somehow i managed to convince greyfluff to get one too (sorry, dude). the so called artist drew a dragon outline on my left arm, with it's tail surrounding the initials. i took a glance at it, nodded my head, and leaned back. i think she sat next to me the whole time. she was probably thinking of what an idiot i was.

40 minutes later, i had a red dragon on my left arm.

the tattoos never changed anything between us.

3 Comments:

Blogger lb said...

that just makes me sad.

August 04, 2005 11:25 AM

 
Blogger Me said...

Yea this made me sad too.

I totally understand what you're talking about cos i'm sorta in the same situation, minus the tattoo.

Hang in there bud. I am still trying.

August 04, 2005 11:33 PM

 
Blogger fishydude said...

that seemed like a lifetime ago.

i've made peace with it years ago.

:)

August 05, 2005 1:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home