.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

sugar

once upon a time, someone taught me how to cook. hopeless as i was (am), he patiently showed me all the ingredients and equipment. he then showed me how to actually put said ingredients together, and using the equipment, produce an edible meal. he took it seriously, and wanted me to do the same, but me, i thought "it's only cooking. who the fuck really cares?"

of all the cooking tidbits he tried to pass on to me, the one thing that got stuck in my head was him telling me that too much sugar turns sweetness into bitterness. i never really believed it. "what the fuck have you been smoking? sugar canes?" to me, sweet is sweet. how can too much of it turn something good into its opposite?

somehow, it all made sense tonight. sometimes when you want to make something sweeter, you keep on adding sugar, and before you know it, you've gone overboard and a perfectly good entree is no longer.

gotta watch how much sugar you add to the equation, special ed.

3 Comments:

Blogger geesmo said...

hmmmm...what'd you make that was too sweet? :)

July 06, 2006 2:59 AM

 
Blogger fishydude said...

i was cooking feline steak with a side of sugar cane and avocado.

July 06, 2006 10:33 AM

 
Blogger geesmo said...

oh noooooooooo!!!! what did you do with dandan??

July 07, 2006 10:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home